The action took place during the Monday evening stated Session meeting of September 21, 2021…
This suspension likely means these men–James Scott, Don Barnett, and Clay David–lost their shepherding groups.
This story is still developing as details emerge and will be updated as additional facts are confirmed. Sign up for our email newsletter to receive automatic updates when new stories are posted.
The Midway Guardian articles show that charges were likely coming based on a string of church events documented here:
- Looking Back: Is Senior Pastor’s July, 2020 Sermon About “Pruning” Coming True in All the Wrong Ways?
- Freshman Elder With Less Than 6 Months of Experience Studies Charges Against REs Scott, Barnett, and David
- Midway Session Votes Down RE James Scott’s “Motion for Peace”
- Discrepancy Plagues Session Majority Response to Credible Report
- RE Whitaker Circulates Motion to Strip Elders James Scott, Don Barnett, and Clay David From Their Duties of Sacred Office
- Response to Dissent: A Zeal for Purity or Eradicating the Dissenter?
- Thirteen Officers Submit Credible Report to PCA Stated Clerk Alleging Important Deficiencies and Grossly Unconstitutional Proceedings of the Northwest Georgia Presbytery